Friday, November 28, 2014

It's That Time Again! Gingerbread Village

As per our annual tradition at Thanksgiving, Megan and I embarked on making some form of gingerbread.. something again this year. As you may recall, last year we made the gingerbread train which ended up being a train wreck. (Ha! See what I did there?)  This year we made a tiny gingerbread village.

First, the cutting up/breaking apart of the various house pieces!


This year I got smart and scored the breaks *before* trying to break them apart, and there were no broken pieces. Woot! Next came the assembly:


Yes, those are the house walls on top of the roof. What.. did you think this was a totally NORMAL gingerbread village? You obviously don't know us very well.

We let them set up for about an hour, and came back to decorate:

Megan: That looks like...  Me: It's a FACE  Megan: suuuure it is
Happy Portal to Hell
Why does the back always look better?


The radiation made this roof all wonky
The only "normal" house. Be afraid.
\




Poptart! Megan smoothed the frosting out by licking it.
Other side, it looks like a poptart too. 


"It's a vagina. With Teeth. You know, like the movie.
Me: umm.. I guess that's a way to pick it up. 


WE'RE TWELVE.
No, really, totally twelve.

NO, it's not "Walfy". Meg's nickname online. 
It's a tent..er..house..thing.




The village! 
The village now with more flash. 


Random comments you may have overheard if watching us make these:

-"You put your finger in the penis!" "Crap! Quick hand me that pen!"

-"Don't put your fingers in the vagina! I'm going to tell everyone my mom put her fingers in my gingerbread vagina. Call Child Protective Services!"

-"This is a FACE." "It looks like testicles."  "If I was trying to make testicles, I'd have moved the gumdrop down closer to the purple balls! They're not even close!"  "It's an old guy."

-"We are so weird." "I know, isn't it great?"

Thus wraps another wonderful Thanksgiving tradition! Just remember.. normal is boring.



No comments:

Post a Comment